Cisco Catalyst 9800 L Wireless Controller
For small campus deployments with the flexibility of copper or fiber uplinks
Up to 250 APs 5000 clients and 5-Gbps throughput
Hot patching time saving and hitless upgrades
Advanced on demand telemetry
The Cisco Catalyst 9800-L is a fixed wireless controller with seamless software updates for small and midsize enterprises.
Built from the ground up for intent-based networking the Cisco Catalyst 9800 L brings together
Cisco IOS XE Software and Cisco RF excellence to create a best in-class wireless experience for your evolving and growing organization
The Cisco Catalyst 9800-L is feature rich and enterprise ready to power your business-critical operations and transform end-user experiences:
Choose between copper and fiber uplinks. This choice gives you flexibility in your network.
High availability and seamless software updates enabled by hot and cold patching
keep your clients and services always on in planned and unplanned events.
Secure the air devices and users with the Cisco Catalyst 9800-L.
The wireless infrastructure becomes the strongest first line of defense
with Encrypted Traffic Analytics and Software-Defined Access (SD-Access). The controller comes with built-in security: Secure Boot
runtime defenses image signing integrity verification and hardware authenticity.
Built on a modular operating system the controller features open and programmable APIs that enable automation of day-0 to day-N network operations.
Model-driven streaming telemetry provides deep insights into your network and client health.
- Maximum number of access points:250 500 (with performance license)
- Maximum number of clients : 5000 10000 (with performance license)
- Maximum throughput : 5 Gbps 10 Gbps(with performance license)
- Maximum WLANs : 4096
- Maximum VLANs : 4096
- Fixed uplinks : 2x 10G/Multigigabit copper or 2x 10G/Multigigabit fiber
- Power supply : 110W 12VDC AC/DC adapter
- Maximum power consumption : 9800-L-C: 86.9W (with 4.5W USB load) / 9800-L-F: 84.5W (assumes 2pc 2.5W SFP and with 4.5W USB load)
- Deployment modes : Centralized Cisco FlexConnect and fabric
- Form factor : 1RU; half-width chassis allows side-by-side installation in standard 19-in. rack
- License : Smart License enabled
- Software : Cisco IOS XE
- Management : Cisco DNA Center Cisco Prime Infrastructure and third party (open standards APIs)
- Interoperability : AireOS-based controllers
- Access points : Cisco Aironet 802.11ac Wave 1 and Wave 2 access points Cisco Catalyst 9100 802.11ax access points
- Width : 8.5 in. (21.59 cm)
- Depth : 9.06 in. (23.01 cm)
- Height : 1.58 in. (4.02 cm)
- Weight : C9800-L-C: 3.95 lb. (1.79 kg)
- C9800-L-F: 4.01 lb. (1.82 kg)